Other Related Cases
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
(Rabbis, Cantors and Other Trusted Officials)
Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people; neither shalt thou stand idly by the blood of thy neighbor" (Leviticus 19:16).
The Awareness Center is currently on an extended sabbatical due to lack of funding. If you feel that the information our web page is worthwhile please consider making a donation to our organization. Suggested donation is $1.00 per page that you visit.
Other Related Cases
- Case of Eyal Benyosef (Hollis Hills, NY; Toms River, NJ) (Eyal Benyosef is wanted for faily to comply with bail from an incident in 1994 when he was charged with kidnapping of a law enforcement officer; armed robbery, carjackijng and escape.)
- Case of Unnamed The Dentist Couple (Kfar Sava, Israel) (Charged with Severely Abusing Daughters)
- Case of Rabbi Tzvi Flaum (Far Rockaway, NY; Lawrence, NY) (Breach of Confidentiality)
- Case of Rabbi Bernard Freilich (Borough Park/Brooklyn, NY) (Acquitted of death threats to an alleged victim)
- Case of Kenneth Gribetz, District Attorney (Rockland County, NY) (Plead guilty to two misdemeanor counts of defrauding the government in a deal he worked out with the U.S. Attorney. Although married, a father and grandfather, Gribetz was partly done in by his former mistress, who went to the media with information about him.)
- Case of Michael Hersh, Miriam Hersh (Brooklyn, NY) (Allegations were made that Isaac Hersh's parents and rabbi knew that Isaac Hersh would be abused and neglected if he was sent to Tranquility Bay Reform School in Jamaica).
- Case of Rabbi Steven Jacobs (Los Angeles, CA) (Accused of clergy sexual abuse. according to Michele Samit's book, "No Sanctuary: The True Story of a Rabbi's Deadly Affair" -- after Anita Green's husband learned Rabbi Jacobs was sexually involved with his wife, Anina Green, he murdered her )
- Case of Asher Lipner (Accused of misrepresenting himself as a psychologist prior to being licensed. He also was accused numerous times of violating confidentiality of clients and other survivors he worked with)
- Cases Involving Modesty Patrol in Chasidic and Charedi Communities
- Case of Amy Neustein (This is a case of alleged child abuse and neglect. As of October 27, 2008 there have never been any allegations of a sex crime)
- Case of Rabbi Rabbi Aharon Schechter (Allegations were made that Isaac Hersh's parents and rabbi knew that Isaac hersh would be abused and neglected if he was sent to Tranquility Bay Reform School in Jamaica).
- Case of Rabbi Sholom Twersky (Brooklyn, NY) - (Case of alleged child physical abuse).
- Case of Rabbi Dovid Weinberger (Lawrence, NY) (Breach of Confidentiality)
- Case of Rabbi Gershon Winkler (Cuba, NM; Thousand Oaks, CA) ("Acknowledged that he fathered a child with a student, carried on several "intimate relationships" with students over the years and said he is currently in a relationship with two women." Winklder also believes it is wrong to insist on an "across-the-board" ban on sexual relationships involving rabbis and followers, teachers and students, and counselors and patients.")
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.