Case of Attorneys, Judges, Law Enforcement Officials and other Legal Professionals
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people; neither shalt thou stand idly by the blood of thy neighbor" (Leviticus 19:16).
Case of Attorneys, Judges, Law Enforcement Officials and other Legal Professionals
- Case of Gerald "Ajax" Ackerman (Port Huron, MI) (Former Mayor of Port Huron. Convicted and sentenced to up to 38 years in prison for having sex with children he was supervising as part of a youth program he ran).
- Case of Yossi Boker (Jerusalem, Israel) (Assistant Commander - Police Investigative Department. Arrested on charges that he sexually assaulted his secretary.)
- Case of Irving Bronstein (Skokie, IL) (Acquitted on Statutory Rape Charges)
- Case of Lieutenant Colonel Eli Buhbut (Israel) (Member of Israel Defense Forces accused of sexually assaulting another officer)
- Case of Edward D. Fagan, Attorney (Short Hills, NJ; Vienna, Austria) (Accused of paying to have sex with a minor)
- Case of Barry Gerstein - Attorney at Law (Beverly, MA) (Convicted and sentenced to serve seven to fifteen years at MCI-Walpole and ordered to serve a concurrent ten- to eighteen-year sentence for the cases in Norfolk County)
- Case of Shaul Golan (Jerusalem, Israel) (Chief Financial Officer, Shalem Center. Accused of sexual harassment, is facing a criminal investigation for embezzlement. Shaul Golan was a former senior official at a prominent Jerusalem think tank).
- Case of Eugene Gold, the former Brooklyn District Attorney (New York, NY; Israel) (Confessed that he had fondled the 10-year-old daughter of an Alabama prosecutor and agreed to undergo psychiatric treatment to avoid prosecution.)
- Case of Governor Neil Goldschmidt (Portland, OR) (Former Governor of Oregon / Former Cabinet Member to President Jimmy Carter. Confessed to having a sexual relationship with a teenager girl while he was mayor of Portland).
- Case of Judge Robert I. H. Hammerman (Baltimore, MD) (Accused of having sexually inappropriate conversations with a 16 year-old boy).
- Case of Lord Greville Janner (London, England) (Former British Labour MP. Accused of molesting a boy in a group home for over two years).
- Case of Yosef Jibli (Jerusalem, Israel) (Jewish Agency's Head of Administration. Charged in a Jerusalem Magistrates Court with "exploiting his authority" to sodomize a 17-year-old female high school pupil).
- Case of New York Assemblyman Ryan Karben (Rockland County, NY) (Allegations of childhood sexual abuse).
- Case of Ariel Katsav (Jerusalem, Israel) (Son of Israeli President. Found not guilty after being accused of sexual harassment. Israel Railways said that the younger Katsav, Ariel is senior member of the Israel Railways PR staff. He was accused of verbally harassing a coworker. He is the son of Israeli President Moshe Katsav.)
- Case of Moshe Katsav - President of Israel (Jerusalem, Israel) (Convicted of sexual assault).
- Case of Judge Ronald Kline (Turtle Rock, CA) (Molestation charges against former Judge Ronald Kline, were dismissed after the U.S. Supreme Court's ban on the prosecution of old sex crimes. The original charges stated that Kline molested a 14-year-old boy in 1979).
- Case of Aubrey Levin, MD (AKA: Dr. Shock) Alberta, Canada; Saskatoon, Canada; Pretoria, South Africa) (Psychiatrist who is a convicted sex offender also accused of torturing patients in South Africa, along with other human rights violations)
- Case of Perry March - Attorney at Law (Nashville, TN) (Allegations made of sexual harassment, with an out of court settlement. Arrested and charged with murder of his wife)
- Case of Yitzhak Mordechai (Jerusalem, Israel) (Israeli Public Official. Convicted of sexual assault)
- Case of Rabbi Isaac Neuberger (Baltimore, MD) (AKA: Isaac M. Neuberger. Accused of second degree sexual assault)
- Case of Haim Ramon (Jerusalem, Israel) (Israel's Defense Minister. Stands trial for indecent assault on charges of having forcibly kissed a female soldier in an Israeli government office).
- Case of Yosef Sagiv Ofri - Israeli Vice Consul, Security Officer (Atlanta, GA; Tel Aviv, Israel) (Accused of using the internet and email in order to persuade a child to carry out illegal acts such as sodomy and severe sexual abuse. The Jerusalem Post reports that Ofri is a security officer with the consulate and carries an Israeli diplomatic passport. The Israeli Embassy in Washington confirmed that Ofri had been charged but refused to release more information on the case.)
- Case of Rabbi Haim Pardes - Former President of the Tel Aviv Rabbinical Court (Israel) (Convicted of sexually blackmailing" and performing "licentious acts" with women who sought his counsel in a synagogue. Pardes was sentanced to six months in prison and given an 18-month suspended prison sentence and fined 25,000 shekels ($12,500).
- Case of Stanley D. Schwartz (Rockville, MD) (Former Attorney, Basketball Coach. Convicted on molestation charges, after 15-year-old exchange student from Kuwait told detectives that Schwartz fondled him Aug. 27, 2008. Schwartz, who was acting as a surrogate guardian because the teenager's host parents couldn't take care of him that night. Similar allegations were made back in the early 1990's, yet no charges were ever brought up against him).
- Case of Irwin Silverman - Chief Counsel to U.S. secretary of interior 1933-53 (Accused of molesting his daughter Sue William Silverman).
- Case of Uri Suissa, Senior Justice Ministry official, Israel (Accused of sexually harassed a female worker and that pressure was put on her to deny the charge).
- Case of Jorge Torres Puello (El Salvador, Dominican Republic; Idaho; Canada ) (AKA: Jorge Torres Orellana, Jorge Yoram Torres) Charged with crimes against children, human trafficking, kidnapping, illegal immigration.)
- Case of Uriel Yitzhaki (Israel and Holland) (Former Israeli Consul in Holland. Accused of sexually assaulting a female subordinate 10 years ago, during an earlier stint in the embassy in Holland. According to the complainant, she went to a casino one night with several other embassy employees, including Yitzhaki, and at some point, she went out to their car to fetch something. Yitzhaki then fell upon her, tore her clothes and tried to rape her, but she managed to push him off and escape.)
- Case of Colonel Atef Zaher, IDF (Israel) (Convicted of indecent sexual acts and illegal intercourse, and was acquitted of the crime of rape.)
- Case of the Unnamed Cop (Tel Aviv Israel) (Convicted of sexually assaulting his younger brother)
- Case of the Unnamed Police Detective in Israel (Israeli police detective accused of sexual advances to an undercover agent posing as a 13-year-old girl over the Internet and on the phone.)
- Case of Three Unnamed Israeli soldiers (Eilat, Israel) (Suspected of raping a female soldier while on vacation in the southern town of Eilat. Another soldier is suspected of witnessing the rape without trying to prevent it.)
- Case of the Unnamed Haredi Israeli Soldier (Jerusalem, Israel) (An Israeli soldier serving in a predominantly haredi combat unit was under arrest for allegedly having sexual relations with several 16 year male teens in his room in the Soldier's House soldiers' quarters in Jerusalem.
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.