Cases Involving the Internet
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people; neither shalt thou stand idly by the blood of thy neighbor" (Leviticus 19:16).
The Awareness Center is currently on an extended sabbatical due to lack of funding. If you feel that the information our web page is worthwhile please consider making a donation to our organization. Suggested donation is $1.00 per page that you visit.
Cases Involving the Internet
- Case of Yisrael Abadi (Holon, Israel) (Teacher. Convicted of sexually molesting three children, aged eight to 10, in the synagogue where he teaches).
- Case of Tal Alaluf (Arrested and confessed to raping a 13-year-old boy he "groomed" via an Internet chat room, according to police detectives).
- Case of Leeore Batshaw (Winnipeg, Canada; Israel) (Was psychology Student at The University of Winnipeg. Convicted - internet sting on child pornography)
- Case of Ithamar Ben (Karmiel, Israel) (Arrested on suspicion of having sexual relations with a minor he met through the Internet.)
- Case of Yoav Biran (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet, also of preforming indecent acts on children. Also see: Case of Rafael Kaplanovsky and Case of Itai Snapier).
- Case of Yaron Blanc (Ariel, Israel) (Accused of using the internet to lure minors for sexual activity)
- Case of Rabbi Aryeh Blaut (AKA: Louis Blaut, Louis Steven Blaut, Louis A. Blaut, Louis S. Blaut) (Seattle, WA) (Convicted sex offender on federal charges of possession of child pornography. According to the United States Department of Probation, Louis Blaut is not allowed contact with anyone under the age of eighteen on the internet or in person).
- Case of Lewis K. Cohen (AKA: Keith Cohen, Lewis Cohen) (Milwaukee, WI; Silver Spring, MD) (Convicted after being charged with using a computer to facilitate a child sex crime and child enticement-exposing sex organs. Cohen used his work and home computers to engage in sexually explicit conversations with a 14-year-old boy in Internet chat rooms. The complaint also charges that Cohen sent nude photographs of himself and other males to the boy via e-mail).
- Case of Rabbi Mendel Epstein (Lakewood, NJ; Brooklyn, NY) (Arrested during an internet sting along with 7 other men. The charges include kidnapping, extortion, various forms of torture including sexually assaulted men with a stun gun on their genitals.)
- Case of the Fourth Man in a Child Pornography Case (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet, a gag order has been placed on the name).
- Case of Robert Goldman (Aurora, IL) (Sportscaster on CLTV. Convicted of indecent solicitation of a child. In 2008 his conviction was overturned).
- Case of Aaron Todd Goldstein (Boca Raton, FL; Lake Placid, FL) (Convicted on charges relating to using the internet to solicit sex with a minor)
- Case Andrew B. Goldstein (Pinellas, FL) (Kindergarten and Sunday School Teacher, Coach, Counselor was convicted of possession of child pornography and unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.)
- Case of Alex Richard Goldstein (Clayton, MO; Creve Couer, MO; St. Louis, MO) (AKA: Alex Goldstein, Alex R. Goldstein, Al Goldstein. Convicted on charges of possession of child pornography of a 10 year old female - second offense)
- Case of Jay E. Goldstein (Hillsborough, FL; Incarcerated) (Convicted sex offenders on charges relating to possession of child pornography )
- Case of Ya'akov Ha'elyon (Tel Aviv, Israel) (Convicted sex offender on charges of sexually assaulting two teenage girls. Former Journalist of Ma'ariv. Met the two girls over the Internet and invited then to theater plays where he committed the offenses)
- Case of Rafael Kaplanovsky (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet. Also see Case of Yoav Biran and Case of Itai Snapier).
- Case of Rabbi David Kaye (Potomac, MD; Rockville, MD; San Antonio, TX) (There is a Call for Action on this case. Featured on "Dateline NBC" for seeking a sexual encounter with an underage boy in a chat room. NBC News conducted a sting in August, (2005) working with a group called "Perverted Justice." Members of the group, posing as underage boys and girls, entered Internet chat rooms and waited for adults to engage them in conversations)
- Case of Rabbi Israel Kestenbaum (New York, NY) (Convicted of child pornography on the internet)
- Case of Moti Lahav (Migdal Ha'emek, Israel) (Confessed to sodomizing and sexually abusing two male youths and one female youth he met via the Internet).
- Case of Rabbi Jerrold Martin Levy (Boca Raton, FL) (Convicted of two counts of soliciting sex through the Internet and two counts of child pornography. He was sentenced to six years and sex in prison. He was caught in the "Candyman" year-long sting operation by the US government.)
- Case of Jeffrey Libman (Davies, FL; Fort Lauderdale, FL) (Webe Web Corp. Alabama federal grand jury indicted Marc Greenberg and Jeffrey Libman for operating a child modeling Web site that gained national attention for posting provocative photos of underage girls. Both were charged with 80 counts of conspiring to use minors for sexual photos and interstate transportation of such photo
- Case of Howard Lichtenstein (Skokie, Illinois; Worth, IL) (Dentist convicted of indecent solicitation of a child.)
- Case of Murray Massover (New Rochelle, NY; Bristol, CT) (Pleaded guilty to attempted dissemination of indecent materials to minors, a felony, in connection with the ongoing Internet "sex sting" operation)
- Case of Rabbi Juda Mintz (Montreal, Canada; Williamsburg, NY; Atlanta, GA; Mt. Freedom, NJ; Los Angeles, CA; Venice, CA) (AKA: Yehuda Mintz. Convicted sex offender. Was arrested during an internet sting on child pornography)
- Case of Yosef Sagiv Ofri - Israeli Vice Consul, Security Officer (Atlanta, GA; Tel Aviv, Israel) (Accused of using the internet and email in order to persuade a child to carry out illegal acts such as sodomy and severe sexual abuse. The Jerusalem Post reports that Ofri is a security officer with the consulate and carries an Israeli diplomatic passport. The Israeli Embassy in Washington confirmed that Ofri had been charged but refused to release more information on the case.)
- Case of Guy Joseph Raz (Pasadena, CA; Sherman Oaks, CA) (AKA: Guy Raz. Hebrew School Teacher convicted, plead guilty on federal charges that he used the Internet to solicit sex from a 13-year-old former student).
- Case of Itai Snapier (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet. Also see: Case of Yoav Biran and Case of Rafael Kaplanovsky)
- Case of Joshua Adam Weinstein (Toronto, Canada) (Arrested and charged with two counts of sexual assault, four counts of sexual interference, and one count each of invitation to sexual touching and luring a child under 14 years of age (by Internet)
- Case of the Unnamed Internet Pedophile (Kfar Sava, Israel) (Arrested on suspicions he molested at least six children between the ages of 8 and 15 after luring them via the Internet.)
- Case of the Unnamed Forth Individual (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet, a gag order has been placed on the name).
- Case of the Unnamed Four Suspected Web Pedophiles (Jerusalem, Israel) (Arrested in connection with an international child pornography ring. Also see:Case of Yoav Biran and Case of Rafael Kaplanovsky)
- Case of the Unnamed Police Detective in Israel (Israeli police detective accused of sexual advances to an undercover agent posing as a 13-year-old girl over the Internet and on the phone.)
- Rabbis, Cantors and Other Trusted Officials: Alleged and convicted Sex Offenders within Jewish communities
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.