Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people; neither shalt thou stand idly by the blood of thy neighbor" (Leviticus 19:16).
The Awareness Center is currently on an extended sabbatical due to lack of funding. If you feel that the information our web page is worthwhile please consider making a donation to our organization. Suggested donation is $1.00 per page that you visit.
Cases Involving Mikvahs
- Case of Meir Dascalowitz (Brooklyn, NY) (Convicted on charges of 2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Act)
- Case of Rabbi David Y. Greenfeld (Borough Park, NY) (Allegedly sexually abused a boy who attended his synagogue and fled to Israel)
- Case of Rabbi Baruch Mordechai Lebovits (Brooklyn, NY)
- Case of Rabbi Stanley Z. Levitt (Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD) (Convicted sex offender after several adults men came forward with allegations of child molestation.)
- Case of Rabbi Avraham Rabinowich (Bellmore, NY) (Filmed with a prostitute during Shabbat)
- Case of Rabbi Mordecai Tendler (AKA: Mordechai Tendler) (Monsey, NY) (Accused of innappropriate sexual behavior with women in he counseled, along with cult like practices).
- Case of Rabbi Yaakov Weiss (Loudonville, NY) (Confessed and Convicted Sex Offender, who is NOT on the New York Sex Offender Registry).
- Case of the Unnamed Sex Offender at the Empire Shtibel Mikvah (Crown Heights, NY) (The Shomrim hotline was called by a child asking for help asking for help. The child stated that he was just molested at the Empire Shtibel Mikvah and the perpetrator was still in the Mikvah.)
- Mikvah: Jewish tradition takes on new meaning (09/22/2006)
- The Mikvah - Suggested Protocols to Protect Minors (05/08/2012)
- Women's Issues: Jewish Survivors of Sex Crimes
- Sex Offenders: Problems Our Parents Wouldn't Speak Of
- Alleged Enablers of Sex Offenders
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.