Camp Counselors, Coaches, Youth Leaders Scout Leaders, and Other Club Leaders:
Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people; neither shalt thou stand idly by the blood of thy neighbor" (Leviticus 19:16).
Camp Counselors, Coaches, Youth Leaders Scout Leaders, and other Club Leaders:
- Case of the Chisdai Ben-Porat (East Stroudsburg, PA; Ottawa, Canada) (Alleged sex offender. Accused of sexually assaulting a minor at Camp Dora Golding)
- Case of James A. Cohen (Davis, FL) (Jewish Youth Group Leader. Convicted child molester, sentenced to 9 years for assaulting 4 boys)
- Case of Larry Cohen - Soccer Coach (Lake Oswego, OR) (Accused of molesting two individuals.)
- Case of Eric Dorfner, BBYO Group Leader (Evesham/Cherry Hill, NJ) (Plead guilty and was sentenced to five years in state prison for sexually abusing two teenage boys once in his care.
- Case of Daniel Gersh (Bloomingburg, New York; Ilford, Essex, England) (Former FA-Registered Coach. Arrested after admitting to 60 counts of assault and related charges, including molesting nine boys, aged seven to 11, and filming several of them. Daniel Gersh stated in court: "My life is over. I have been trying to hide this since I was 13 years old.")
- Case of Arieh Goldman (Ramle, Israel) (AKA: Arik Goldman. Convicted sex offender. Soccer coach and neighbor was originally arrested after being accused of molesting 43 children, yet was only convicted on sexually assaulting seven of them)
- Case Andrew B. Goldstein (Pinellas, FL) (Kindergarten and Sunday School Teacher, Coach, Counselor was convicted of possession of child pornography and unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.)
- Case of Uzi Hakhmon (Tiberias, Israel) (Coach of a Boys' Soccer Team. Arrested on suspicion of raping and sexually assaulting several members of the team - all of them minors).
- Case of David B. Harrington (Rockville, MD) (School Principal / Big Brother. Convicted sex offender. Cases from the 1960's - 1980's.)
- Case of Eric Hindin (Newton, MA) (Jewish Big Brother Volunteer. Convicted of 35 counts of child rape. He was sentenced to 20-22 years in prison).
- Case of Marc Lewis (Edgware, England; London, England; Golders Green, England) (AKA: Mark Lewish. Tennis Coach. Convicted of sexual assault of a fifteen-year-old girl with two of his friends. Lewis is an award-winning Wimbledon tennis coach. Police were unable to charge the other men because they only discovered their identities 12 months after the alleged offences. In England, unlawful sexual intercourse cases the suspect has to be charged within a year of the offence. Lewis refused to name either man during police interview).
- Case of Matthew A. Lowe (Weston, FL; Hollywood, FL) (Baby sitter, Camp Counselor at Temple Dor Dorim. Pleaded no contest in circuit court to three counts: two misdemeanor charges of exposure of sexual organs and one felony charge of aggravated battery)
- Case of Adam Melzer (River Edge, NJ.; Teneck, NJ; Elizabeth, NJ; New York, NY) (Youth Supervisor and Coach. Arrested and charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly asking four 16-18 year-old boys to give him naked pictures of themselves.)
- Case of Foye Minton, Jr. (Foye C. Minton plead guilty to second degree assault on December 19, 2013. He received twenty years probation).
- Case of Sheldon Mitchell (Sacramento, CA; Oakdale, CA) (Youth Worker, Camp counselor and director accused of incest and molesting children back in the 1960s and 70s.)
- Case of Joseph Passof (Brooklyn, NY) (Former teacher and camp counselor. Convicted sex offender. Convicted on charges of1st Degree Sexual Abuse)
- Case of Adam Theodore Rubin (Baltimore, MD; Arnold, MD) (Teacher, Coach and Girl Scout Coordinator. Convicted of using a computer to solicit sex with a minor, possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia).
- Case of David Schwartz (Culver City, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Hancock Park, CA) (Social studies teacher and camp counselor. Convicted and sentenced to one year in residential treatment and five years' probation for molesting a 4-year-old boy in his care at summer camp. A six-year prison sentence was suspended).
- Case of Jerrold Schwartz (New York, NY) (Scoutmaster. Convicted and sentanced to 8 years in prison for multiple counts of sodomizing his former scout ).
- Case of Stanley D. Schwartz (Rockville, MD) (Former Attorney, Basketball Coach. Convicted on molestation charges, after 15-year-old exchange student from Kuwait told detectives that Schwartz fondled him Aug. 27, 2008. Schwartz, who was acting as a surrogate guardian because the teenager's host parents couldn't take care of him that night. Similar allegations were made back in the early 1990's, yet no charges were ever brought up against him).
- Case of Sheldon Selikoff (Yonkers, NY, Greenburgh, NY) (Sheldon Selikoff at the age of 44 was arrested and later convicted on charges of obscenity and the sexual assault of an 18-year-old employee in Greenburgh Town Court. He is believed to have run a child pornography ring. He was a Yonkers resident and was an assistant leader of a Boy Scout troop.)
- Case of Blake Sinrod (West Boca Raton, FL) (Teacher and Camp Counselor arrested and charged with molesting two students in his elementary classroom. It has been reported that there might be eight other victims as well. Sinrod faces five felony counts on charges. It appears that Sinrod targeted children of non-English-speaking parents so they would have a hard time reporting it.)
- Case of Ari Sorkin (Elkins Park, PA; Glenside, PA) (Hebrew school teacher, Synagogue youth worker, camp counselor. Convicted of molesting a 16 yr. old girl and on charges related to possessing child pornography)
- Case of David Douglas Webber (Calgory, Canada) (Mashgiach "Kashrut Supervisor" . Convicted and sentenced to six years for possessing child pornography and molesting seven boys over the past eight years).
- Case of Michael Leon Zeve (Detroit, MI; Irvine, CA; Tel Aviv, Israel) (AKA: Michael Silver. Accused of molesting a neighborhood child and members of a youth roller hockey team he coached between 1996 and 2000).
- Case of the Unnamed Cook at Camp Kee Tov (Troy, MO near St. Louis) (Camp Kee Tov was accused of covering up sexual abuse by an employee).
- Case of the Unnamed Jewish Youth Group Leader/Rabbinical Student (Queens, NY) (Accused of molesting an 11 year old boy in the basement of a synagogue).
- Case of Unnamed Maccabi Haifa player (Haifa, Israel) (Accused of date rape).
- Case of the Unnamed Youth Basketball Coach (Jerusalem, Israel) (Arrested after six youths complained to police).
- Case of Unnamed Florida pedophile who works with Jewish youth (FL) (Accused of molesting children in his care).
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.