Past President, Chevra Hatzalah, Volunteer Ambulance Corporation, Inc. (Brookyn, NY)
Case of Miriam Hersh, Mother
Case of Rabbi Aharon Schechter
Case of Worldwide Association of Specialty Programs & Schools (WWASPS)
Tranquility Bay - Jamaica, West Indies
As of March 25, 2008 there are not allegations of a sex crime.
On March 20, 2008 The Washington Center for Peace and Justice, Inc. filed a federal lawsuit today on behalf of a Isaac Hersh, a 16 year old Brooklyn boy seeking injunctive relief to stop his abuse and to gain his release from a notorious behavior modification facility in Jamaica, West Indies, where he was sent after being brutally seized at the behest of his parents, Michael and Miriam Hersh. Michael Hersh is a former student of Yeshiva Chaim Berlin in Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, and a disciple of Rabbi Aaron M. Schecter, dean of the Yeshiva.Joshua Ambush, the lead counsel in the case, announced the filing of the action against the parents of Isaac Hersh. The father is Michael Hersh, CEO of Chevra Hatzalah Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc., the largest all-volunteer ambulance service in the United States. The complaint also names the State Department for constitutional and civil rights violations.
- TranTranquility Bay and Worldwide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS)
- Letter: Tranquility Bay in Jamaica (03/04/2008)
- Tranquility Bay: helping or harming Cayman's youth? (03/06/2008)
- Tranquility Bay is 'private jail', author says (03/12/2008)
- Editorial : Taking care of our troubled youth (03/12/2008)
- Jamaica rehab worse than prison (03/18/2008)
- Press Release: Federal Law Suit Filed To Rescue Child From Modern Day Concentration Camp
- CALL To Action (03/23/2008)
- Jewish family sues Jamaican reform school for troubled teens (03/25/2008)
- City Room - Metro (03/25/2008)
- Cayman Minister orders Tranquility Bay probe (03/26/2008)
- Government to probe Tranquility Bay (03/27/2008)
- Isaac Herish is Free and Back in the USA . . . But let's not forget the rest of the children at Tranquility Bay!!! (03/28/2008)
- I was beaten and bound in boot camp, claims Brooklyn ultra-Orthodox teen (03/28/2008)
- Breaking: Brooklyn Teen Released from Jamaica (03/30/2008)
- Does Anyone Know How Isaac Hersh is doing? (04/01/2008)
- US teen rescued from local juvenile facility (04/01/2008)
- Isaac Hersh Is Not Safe and NEEDS to be in Houston (04/02/2008)
- Two Lawsuits Draw Attention to the Abuse Suffered by Troubled U.S. Teenagers Sent to Boot Camps Abroad: Why the State Department Should Push for an International Prohibition (04/03/2008)
- Does my teen need help? (04/07/2008)
Tranquility Bay and Worldwide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS)
No More Nightmares at Tranquility Bay?
I am completely horrified to learn that your country is sending children for "treatment" at Tranquility Bay in Jamaica. The programme is owned and operated by a former gas station worker who has admitted on video to using pepper spray on children and in print to having forced children to lie "on their faces" in isolation rooms for months. He has absolutely no medical or psychological qualifications-- nor does anyone else employed there to "treat" the children each day.
Tranquility Bay: helping or harming Cayman's youth?
Boys lying on their faces in "observation placement" at Tranquility Bay. The Reform school is on the island of Jamaica and has been referred to as a concentration camp.
Tranquility Bay is 'private jail', author says
Editorial: Taking care of our troubled youth
|Boys at Tranquility Bay|
Jamaica rehab worse than prison
Press Release: Federal Law Suit Filed To Rescue Child From Modern Day Concentration Camp
CALL TO ACTION
Jewish family sues Jamaican reform school for troubled teens
City Room - Metro
Cayman Minister orders Tranquility Bay probe
Government to probe Tranquility Bay
CALL TO ACTION:
Save Isaac Hersh - Standoff Between the US Embassy and the Jamaican Government
- Demand that they drop the charges of kidnapping of delegation members.
- They allow delegation members to bring Isaac back to the United States so that he can receive proper medical and psychological attention.
Isaac Hersh is Free and Back in the USA. . .
I was beaten & bound in boot camp, claims Brooklyn ultra-Orthodox teen
Breaking: Brooklyn Teen Released from Jamaica
Does Anyone Know How Isaac Hersh is doing?
US teen rescued from local juvenile facility
Isaac Hersh Is Not Safe and NEEDS to be in Houston
Two Lawsuits Draw Attention to the Abuse Suffered by Troubled U.S. Teenagers Sent to Boot Camps Abroad: Why the State Department Should Push for an International Prohibition
"Does my teen need help?"
Synanon closed in 1991, however, facing financial problems and a multitude of allegations.