Vicki Polin was nominated twice and was a semi-finalist in 2010 Jewish Community Heroes Award, put together by the Jewish Federation of North America.
Vicki's past volunteer work has included being a Rape Victim Advocate in Chicago, Disaster Mental Health Worker for the American Red Cross, a Volunteer Speaker in conjunction with a rape crisis center, hosted several chats on AOL in the Jewish Community Online, Jews for Judaism and for Etz Chaim Center for Jewish Learning in Baltimore.
- Awakening Center (01/01/1997)
- The 1997 Chicagoland Area Sexual Abuse Resource Guide for Care Providers and Survivors (01/01/1997)
- Art Therapy Practice: Innovative Approaches with Diverse Populations (10/15/2000)
- Commentary - Vicki Polin: Church Hurts Victims of All Faiths (03/03/2008)
- Web Site Tracks Sexual Abusers (03/24/2004)
- She Founded Resource for Sex Abuse Victims (01/24/2008)
- 2009 NOW Conference - Clergy Sexual Abuse (05/14/2009)
- Sexual Crimes: A Reference Handbook (12/14/2009)
- A Day In The Life Of A Rape Crisis Advocate: Vicki Polin (12/14/2010)
- Jewish Community Leaders Bullying Vicki Polin (08/16/2013)
- Comfort zone: Three alumni put mind, body and spirit in harmony at The Awakening Center (January / February 1997)