- Threat Made To A Sixteen Year Old Girl (05/01/2001)
- Rachel's Story (10/10/2005)
- Woman beaten on Jerusalem bus for refusing to move to rear seat (12/17/2006)
- Woman accuses Orthodox men of bus attack (12/20/2006)
- "Modesty Patrol" (12/20/2006)
- So Many Rules, Protection, Sex Among Ultra (12/22/2006)
- Ultra-Orthodox modesty squad burns clothing (01/30/2007)
- I Am Not Sitting at the Back of the Bus (02/23/2007)
- Women must sit in the back of the bus - News Broadcast on YouTube (02/25/2007)
- Mea Shearim's 'egg brigade' to prevent touristic infiltrations (02/29/2007)
- Enough is Enough! (10/24/2007)
- Israel's Ultra Orthodox - Australia's George Negus of Dateline presents "Israel's Ultra Orthodox". (01/26/2008)
- Rabbi Aviner: Women must not wear pants even when alone (05/02/2008)
- Modesty patrol' suspected of spilling acid on teenage girl (06/05/2008)
- Police make peace with modesty patrols (09/04/2008)
- Jewish 'Modesty patrols' sow fear in Israel (10/04/2008)
- Inside Haredi modesty patrols (12/28/2012)
- Judge Slaps 4 Years on "Modesty Patrol" Thug (03/15/2009)
- Who Cares Abuse Sexual Abuse in Baltimore? (05/19/2009)
- Just doing the right thing (11/13/2009)
- Do Girls Matter? Sexism and Sexual Abuse (11/06/2010)
- 'Modesty Patrol lynched me' (02/29/2012)
- Ultra-Orthodox Jewish men offered blurry glasses look to keep Israeli women out of sight (08/12/2012)
- Weberman and Tzniut (12/13/2012)
- Abuse Whistleblower Battling Both Haredi Community, DA (01/14/2013)
- Hasidic Modesty Patrols Enforce Jewish Law in Orthodox Neighborhoods (01/30/2013)
- New York City suing ultra-Orthodox for posting modesty guidelines in stores (02/15/2013)
- Satmar Hasidic scolds pressure merchants to comply with dress codes, other standards; force business owners to choose between boycott or potential discrimination rap (02/21/2013)
- London Jewish community launches modesty patrol (05/01/2013)
Ultra-Orthodox ‘modesty patrol’ clashes with police (06/06/2013)
- Halachically sanctioned degradation of women makes me scream (09/03/2013)
- Touring The Village of New Square, NY (12/07/2013)
- Pamphlet about modesty and clothing (01/16/2014)
- Domestic Violence in Jewish Homes
- Case of Rabbi Shlomo Aviner
- Case of Rabbi Elior Chen
- Case of Rabbanit Bruria Keren
- Case of Rabbi Baruch Lebovitz
- Case of Meilech Schnitzler
- Case of Rabbi Nechemya Weberman
Threat Made To A Sixteen Year Old Girl
by Naomi Ragen
By Daphna Berman
JTA - December 20, 2006
Fox News - December 20, 2006
By Staff Writer
By Naomi Ragen
By Neta Sela
Rabbi Aviner: Women must not wear pants even when alone
Ynet News - May 2, 2008
Women must not wear pants even when they are home alone, Rabbi Shlomi Aviner has ruled.
The rabbi replied that it is permitted to say the prayer in such a case, but added that "in general, a woman must always wear modest clothes even when she is alone and in the dark, because the Holy one blessed be he is everywhere. And yes, trousers are a self-prohibition even when a woman is alone."
Rabbi Rosen also slammed the haredi norm to omit names of women from newspapers and from invitations, comparing it to the veil phenomenon in Muslim countries.
"For so-called modesty reasons, the woman is only presented as 'his wife', nameless, veiled, and my heart twitches," he wrote in a weekly column published in synagogues over the weekend. "Is there no psychological connection between the hypocrisy of concealing the name and hiding the face under the 'Taliban-style' veil?"
Religious tension at boiling point in Beitar Illite as 14-year-old girl attacked by member of town's 'modesty guard'
By Neta Sela
Police make peace with modesty patrols
By Anshel Pfeffer
Jewish Chronicle - September 4, 2008
Associated Press - October 4, 2008
Israel police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said the modesty police are not an organized phenomenon, just rogue enforcers carrying out isolated attacks. But Israel's Justice Ministry used the term "modesty patrols" in an indictment against a man accused of assaulting the Jerusalem woman.
The state, catering to religious sensitivities, subsidizes gender-segregated bus routes that service religious neighborhoods. Ragen and several other women challenged the practice in Israel's Supreme Court after an Orthodox Canadian woman in her 50s told police she was kicked, slapped, pushed to the floor and spat upon by men for refusing to move to the back of the bus.
In August, a Jerusalem man was placed under house arrest on suspicion he set fire to a store in a haredi district of the city that sold MP4 players.
Inside Haredi modesty patrols
Nechamya Weberman’s sex abuse trial brought to light the Va’ad Hatznius: the self-appointed arbiters of right and wrong in the Jewish American Satmar community.
'You have bad influence on neighborhood'
Hasidic Modesty Patrols Enforce Jewish Law in Orthodox Neighborhoods
standards; force business owners to choose between boycott or potential
By Simone Weichselbaum
New York Daily Nes - February 21, 2013
So-called 'modesty patrol' strikes again Thursday, blanketing lightposts and windshields with flyers calling for boycott of new shop at 100 Lee Ave.
London Jewish community launches modesty patrol
The new ultra-Orthodox Jewish woman by old-mcdonald
Ultra-Orthodox ‘modesty patrol’ clashes with police
January 6, 2014
The following pamphlet is being handed out in many ultra-orthodox communities in the United States.
FAIR USE NOTICE