(AKA: Macy A. Gordon, Moshe Aaron Gordon)
If you are a member of the news media and use materials researched by The Awareness Center, we ask that you give us credit.
Yeshiva University College - class of 1953
Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary - Ordained 1956
Camp Director, Camp Emes - Jerusalem, Israel
Talmud Teacher, Yeshiva University's High School - Washington Heights, NY
Congregational Rabbi, Congregation Bnai Yeshurun - Teaneck, NJ
Honorary President, Just One Life - Jerusalem, Israel
Advisory Board Member, Council of Young Israel Rabbis in Israel - Jerusalem, Israel
Teacher - OU Israel Center - Jerusalem, Israel
Educator - Yeshiva University Israel - Jerusalem, Israel
The Awareness Center suggests that if you were abused by anyone at YU, you contact The Awareness Center, a private attorney or a legitmate rape crisis center prior to making any calls to the University. It's much better you share your experiences with a non-biased party to ensure your civil rights are protected. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Rabbi Macy Gordon was accused of molesting boys he taught at Yeshiva University for nearly 28 years.
“Rabbi Macy Gordon went through the boy’s medicine cabinet and pulled out a bottle of Chloraseptic. He pulled back the boy’s bathrobe again and told him, “You have simanim [signs],” and sprayed Chloraseptic on the boy’s pubic hair. He then sodomized the boy with a toothbrush."
Rabbi Macy Gordon was the director of the National Council of Young Israel and the first director of Just One Life, which was originally run under the auspices of NCYI.
If you or anyone you know was abused by Rabbi Macy Gordon, please contact The Awareness Center.
Table of Contents
- Camp Director at Camp Emes: An American Orthodox Dreamer: Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik (2004)
- Student Claims of Abuse Not Reported by Yeshiva U.: Lamm Says He Let Alleged High School Abuser Leave Quietly (12/13/2012)
- Statement from President Richard M. Joel in Response to Allegations of Past Abuse (12/13/2012)
- Former Students Recall Alleged Sexual Abuse at Yeshiva High School (12/13/2012)
- Advisory Board - Council of Young Israel Rabbis in Israel (12/13/2012)
- Honorary President - Just Life (12/13/2012)
- An American Orthodox Dreamer: Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik (2004)
- Yeshiva U. Apologizes Over Alleged Abuse (12/13/2012)
- Report of ’80s Sexual Abuse Rattles Yeshiva Campus (12/13/2012)
- Yeshiva University president apologizes for '70s and '80s molest allegations (12/13/2012)
- RCA 'Deeply Troubled' by Yeshiva Allegations (12/13/2012)
- YU President Calls Abuase Alegations 'Reprehensible' (12/14/2012)
- Confronting Abuse (12/14/2012)
- Norman Lamm = Joe Paterno – Shame On Yeshiva University! (12/14/2012)
- Teacher - OU Israel Center - Jerusalem, Israel (12/14/2012)
- Alleged Yeshiva Abuser Quits as Accusations Mount (12/16/2012)
- Yeshiva Officials, Rabbis Knew of Alleged Abuse (12/20/2012)
- Yeshiva Victim Overcomes Shame To Speak Out: One of Macy Gordon's Accusers Tells Story of Alleged Abuse (12/21/2012)
- No Religious Exemption When It Comes to Abuse (01/04/2013)
- As Yeshiva Child Sex Abuse Scandal Grows, Why Are We Afraid To Speak Out? (03/31/2013)
Yeshiva U. Sex Abuse Probe Stalls Amid Fear and Mistrust (05/02/2013)
- Case of Rabbi George Finkelstein
- Case of Rabbi Macy Gordon
- Case of Rabbi Baruch Lanner
- Case of Rabbi Marc Gafni (AKA: Mordechai Winiarz)
- Case of Rabbi Mordechai Willig (enabler of sex offenders)
Camp Director at Camp Emes:
An American Orthodox Dreamer: Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik
Page 178 -179 (Notes to Pages 142-150)
NOTES: "23. Reuven Cohn recalled, "I was a camper and then a counselor in Camp Emes. The first Director was Rabbi Macy Gordon, later rabbi in Teaneck."
|Rabbi Macy Gordon - An American Orthodox Dreamer: Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik|
Student Claims of Abuse Not Reported by Yeshiva U.
For years, former students have asked Y.U., the premier educational institution of Modern Orthodox Judaism, to investigate their claims that a former principal had repeatedly abused students in the all-male high school that is part of the university. Another former high school student said Y.U. covered up for a staff member who sodomized him.
|Rabbi Norman Lamm|