(Formerly known as Camp Deal)
According to the report the alleged offender went on to having a long career in Jewish education, and based on whispers on the Internet, probably continued targeting young Jewish boys within the walls of Jewish educational institutions.
July 12, 2013 –– A 19-year-old counselor at Camp Dora was arrested and taken into custody on charges of alleged child sexual abuse.
November 1, 2013 –– Another survivor came forward naming another rabbi as being an alleged sexual predator (see letter below)
- Sharing The Secret That’s Haunted My Soul (03/28/2013)
- It's very hard to come forward (03/28/2013)
- Poconos camp counselor accused of indecent assault of boy (07/12/2013)
- More allegations surface against Second Alleged Camp Dora Golding Molester (11/22/2013)
- Camp Dora Golding Abuse Video Update (11/27/2013)
- Case of the Unnamed Rabbi At Camp Dora Golding
- Case of the Chisdai Ben-Porat
- Case of Rabbi Yisroel Bodkins
- Cases of Sexual Abuse Associated with Yeshiva University
- List of Alleged Enablers of Sex Offenders
Jewish Week - March 28, 2013
- The institution of mandatory training programs for schools and summer camps — leaders, administrators, teachers and counselors — of what is and isn’t acceptable behavior. (Isolated programs already exist, but are only in place in limited instances.)
- The institution of criminal background checks for all school leaders, teachers, administrators and camp staff.
- The establishments of a “one strike you are out” policy, and the immediate suspension of anyone facing a credible accusation, pending a detailed investigation.
- The establishment of protocols that penalize not only sex offenders, but those who knowingly ignore, protect and enable their behaviors. These people should be held liable on both criminal and civil levels. And they should certainly not be allowed to work in schools, camps, or other Jewish educational institutions. They too should be held accountable.
Experts say it can take years for abuse victims talk openly about their past.
By Steve Lipman
Forward - March 28, 2013
More allegations surface against Second Alleged Camp Dora Golding Molester
Failed Messiah - November 22, 2013
Camp Dora Golding Abuse Video Update
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.