Conference on the Status of Women - Sponsored by the United Nations
Don’t Remain a Victim!
This Workshop is open to both Men and Women
People who have experienced physical and mental trauma are more likely to be revictimized throughout life. Join us for a panel discussion on how the pattern of abuse can be broken, and repeated harm avoided.
Come, sit awhile, and share your burdens . . .
SPEAKERS & THEIR TOPICS
- Natsuko Utsumi, founder of the nonprofit, Cause Vision, will address "Prevention of Revictimization Through Exposing Human Trafficking.”
- Judy Meikle, a Quaker and a facilitator of the Alternatives to Violence Project, will speak on “Prison Revictimization from an Abolitionist Perspective.”
- Vicki Polin, founder and CEO of The Awareness Center, will talk about the issues facing Jewish survivors of sexual assault and the effects of war atrocities into the second generation.
- Dana Raphael, Director of The Human Lactation Center, Ltd., will speak on “The Urban Myths That Hurt Everyone.”
- Gabriela Nava Campos, a specialist in public policy and research, will address “best practices” that organizations can use in order to help victims of human trafficking.
- Janet Kraft will present “Resources for Recovery,” written by Randy and Pamela Noblitt, co-authors of Ritual Abuse and Torture in the 21st Century.