Rosh Yeshiva - Yeshivat Shuvu Bonim, Jerusalem, Israel
Eliezer Berland was born 1937. He's affiliated with the Breslov Hasidic movement in Israel. In the past he was the rosh yeshiva of Yeshivat Shuvu Bonim (also known as Yeshivat Nechamat Zion), which was located in the Muslim Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem. According to websites he was involved with the kiruv movement and has counseled tens of thousands of Jews from secular backgrounds to draw closer to the Torah path. He is a member of Vaad Olami D'Chasedai Breslov (World Committee of Breslov Chassidim), a supervisory council for many Breslov activities.
Table of Contents:
- Jerusalem hassidic leader was held ‘captive for years’ (12/20/2010)
- Bio: Rabbi Eliezer Berland
- 2 men allegedly attack hasid on rabbi's orders (03/05/2013)
- An exclusive interview with the main witness against Rabbi Berland: "He lay down naked"(03/11/2013)
- Haredi world divided over latest sexual harassment scandal (03/22/2013)
- What does it take for a woman to accuse her rabbi of sexual harassment? (03/22/2013)
- Fewer Hasidim fly to Uman this year (09/04/2013)
- 100s of Chassidim Traveling to Morocco to be with Rav Berland (07/09/2013)
- Rabbi Berland’s Growing Kehilla in Morocco (10/30/2013)
- Rabbi Berland Ordered Leave Morocco (11/07/2013)
- Rav Berland Has Left Morocco (11/08/2013)
- Morocco expels fugitive Israeli rabbi (11/09/2013)
- Rabbi Berland Is On The Move – Someplace (11/10/2013)
- Suspected Sex-Offender Rabbi Deported From Zimbabwe? (04/10/2014)
- Fugitive Israeli rabbi flees to South Africa (04/12/2014)
Fugitive Jerusalem Rabbi Sentenced (04/13/2014)
- South Africa Chief Rabbi Warns Not To Shelter Accused Molester (04/13/2014)
- Rabbi accused of sex abuse arrives in SA (04/14/2014)
‘Feed rabbi’s followers, but he must go’ (04/15/2014)
- The Awareness Center: Policies Addressing Victimization and Offenders
- Cults, Mind Control, Sex Crimes and the Jewish Community
Bio: Rabbi Eliezer Berland
By Aviel Magnezi
YNET News - March 5, 2013
By Aviad Glickman
News Nana 10 - March 11, 2013
Crime and Justice
(Translated Using Google)
Me Nachman Rabbi Shalom see the revered him an intimate situation with a young girl, and decided to tell the police. In response, he was attacked by the students of Rabbi responded by firing at them. He currently sits under house arrest and a special conversation with Channel 10 reporter he says: "Rabbi mental patient who needs hospitalization, I fear for my life"
איתי נחמן שלום ראה את הרב הנערץ אליו בסיטואציה אינטימית עם תלמידה צעירה, והחליט לספר על כך למשטרה. בתגובה, הוא הותקף על ידי תלמידים של הרב והגיב בירי לעברם. כיום הוא יושב במעצר בית ובשיחה מיוחדת עם כתב ערוץ 10 הוא טוען: "הרב חולה נפש שזקוק לאשפוז, אני חושש לחיי"
It took some time for A. to realize she was being abused. Since then, her world collapsed.
Morocco expels fugitive Israeli rabbi
Ha'aretz - November 9, 2013
The leader of a fringe ultra-Orthodox community in Jerusalem is wanted for allegedly sexually assaulting a number of disciples.
100s of Chassidim Traveling to Morocco to be with Rav Berland
Yeshiva World - July 9, 2013
Fewer Hasidim fly to Uman this year
By Moshe Heller
YNET - September 4, 2013
Members of Breslov Hasidic group irked by decision to stop subsidizing trips to Rabbi Nachman's grave in Ukraine. Meanwhile, travel agencies experience drop in reservations following community leader's escape to Morocco over sexual harassment allegations
A significant drop has been recorded this year among in the number of Breslov Hasidim flying to the grave of Rabbi Nachman in Uman, Ukraine ahead of the Jewish High Holidays.
Rabbi Berland’s Growing Kehilla in Morocco
Yeshiva World - October 30, 2013
Rabbi Berland Ordered Leave Morocco
Yeshiva World - November 7, 2013
Rav Berland Has Left Morocco
Rabbi Berland Is On The Move – Someplace
Yeshiva World - November 10, 2013
Suspected Sex-Offender Rabbi Deported From Zimbabwe?
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead