|Charles Hynes and Meir Seewald of the Jewish Community Watch|
Back on December 13, 2012 at a Hanukkah party, which was hosted by Charles Hynes (the DA of Brooklyn). During this event, Hynes presented an award to Meyer Seewald (AKA: Meir Seewald, Myer Seewald), who runs a web page called "Jewish Community Watch."
- What kind of specialized education and training do those associated with the organization have in working with survivors?
- Do the volunteers in the organization receive clinical supervision from an licensed mental health professional who has specialized training working with survivors of sex crimes?
- If they do receive supervision, who is that person and what training do they have?
- Does the organization clearly state on their web page who is on the board of directors?
- Do volunteers and staff members have to sign a confidentiality agreement prior to advocating for anyone? If there's a violation of this policy, what repercussions will there be?
- Does the organization have 501c3 status or in the process of receiving it?
- What are their policies in dealing with sex offenders? If they have a sex offender registry do they have a policy in place to remove names of individuals if necessary? If they do, what is that policy?
When watching to following film clip be aware that many people mentioned and seen, are people who in the past have been named by multiple Jewish survivors who attempted to use their services as being problematic.
Also see the following list other of individuals and organizations that have never received the official 40 hour rape victim advocacy training from an official rape crisis center such as the New York Coalition Against Rape or RAINN:
- Case of Kal Holczer
- Case of Dr. Rabbi Asher Lipner
- Regarding the SOVRI Helpline and Mandated Reporting