Dean, Ahavath Torah Institute - Brooklyn, NY
(Kew Garden) Queens, NY
Considering the fact that Rabbi Nosson Rabinowich travels the world for a living and he was attempting to meet up with a teenage girl he met on the internet for sex, there is a strong possibility that this was not his first time. If you or anyone you know might have been sexually abused by this alleged sexual predator please contact your local rape crisis center for help. You can also call: Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453).
According to an article published by Totally Jewish Travel back in 2010, "Ha'Rav Dr. Nosson Dovid Rabinowich, who is universally recognized not only as a wonderful Talmid Chacham, but also as a leading historian, with a specialty in the Geonic and Medieval Periods."
Table of Contents:
- Rabbi Nosson Dovid Rabinowich accused of plagiarism (1988)
- New Exciting Jewish Heritage Tour; Now,for the second year! (2009)
- Back from Jewish Heritage Tour to Italy (07/22/2012)
- Bio: Dr. Rabbi Nathan David Rabinowich (02/14/2013)
- Rabbi arrested in ‘To Catch a Predator’-style bust (02/14/2013)
- Rabbi busted after setting up Queens date for sex with a '14-year-old girl' online (02/14/2013)
- Rabbi Arrested After Trying to Lure Teenage Girl (02/15/2013)
Rabbi Nosson Dovid Rabinowich accused of plagiarism
After I published my book on Saul Lieberman and the Orthodox a number of people pointed out to me that Nosson Rabinowich's plagiarism of Mielziner is more extensive than what I point out. I didn't know what they were referring to since I had the first edition of his book M. Mielziner's Talmudic Terminology, published in 1988 (in my kuntres there is a typo, as it says 1998). Or so I thought. I succeeded in locating another copy by interlibrary loan, and lo and behold, the title page does not say M. Mielziners Talmudic Terminology adapted by N. Rabinowich but it identifies him as the author. What's even more fascinating is that the other edition has haskamot of Rabbis Ovadiah Yosef and Aharon Feldman. Obviously when the scandal broke, Rabinowich quickly produced a new title page and took out the haskamot (and also added a note on p. xv and made a slightchange in note 2 on. p. xv (replacing "some" with "most".) It is obvious why the haskamot were taken out, since they praise Rabinowich for producing a book which he didn't write. In fact, Rabinowich is responsible for something very interesting. We find here the first example in history where gedolim put a haskamah on a work written by a Reform rabbi! Unknowingly Rabbis Yosef and Feldman gave a haskamah to Mielziner. You can be sure this is not something that makes them happy.Additionally, in an effort to keep the two "editions" the same, Rabinowich did not alter the pagination, this is so, even though he removed the haskamot. Consequently, the "new" edition is missing those pages. I have provided both title pages as well as Rabbis Yosef's and Feldman's haskamot (as one can no longer get them).
Additionally, in an effort to keep the two "editions" the same, Rabinowich did not alter the pagination, this is so, even though he removed the haskamot. Consequently, the "new" edition is missing those pages. I have provided both title pages as well as Rabbis Yosef's and Feldman's haskamot (as one can no longer get them).
New Exciting Jewish Heritage Tour; Now,for the second year!
Totally Jewish Travel - 2009
FASCINATING FRANCE : August 8- August 17 (2010)
Jewish Heritage Tours is proud to announce a new and exciting tour: Paris, South of France and Monaco. For years, Jewish Heritage Tours has been the U.S. leader in glatt kosher tours to Western Europe and due to popular demand this new destination has now been added. The primary objectives of this tour are: to appreciate the natural beauty of Provence,=2 0to learn about our fascinating heritage in Provence and the Languedoc regions during the period of the Rishonim, to visit the gravesite areas of the revered Rashi and his family including his saintly grandsons: Rashbam, Rivam and Rabbeinu Tam and to discover Paris, one of the world's most fascinating cities. A very thorough overview of France's turbulent Jewish history and an in-depth appreciation of its various rabbis & leaders will be offered by a serious scholar, Ha'Rav Dr. Nosson Dovid Rabinowich, who is universally recognized not only as a wonderful Talmid Chacham, but also as a leading historian, with a specialty in the Geonic and Medieval Periods.
In addition, the tour offers other highlights such as: the Palace of Versailles, residence of the Sun King, Louis XIV and the famous French-style gardens, Normandy: the American Cemetery, Caen Peace Memorial, the wonderful D-Day museum and Omaha Beach, Avignon , the location of the majestic Palace of the Popes who welcomed and protected the Jews of Provence and Languedoc after they were expelled in the 14th century (hence, "the Pope's Jews") and, of course, the fascinating cities of Marseilles, Cannes, Nice and Monaco, the second smallest independent state in the world. It might be small -- only ¾ square mile, but it has some awesome buildings, gardens and, of course, world-famous casinos.
Back from Jewish Heritage Tour to Italy
Overview of the tour: The tour director, Rabbi Dr. Nosson Dovid Rabinowich, showed a complete disregard for the well-being and welfare of those on the tour. Food and water were insufficient and he made no effort to ensure that our group of 32 travelers was present and accounted for. Indeed, he had no qualms about abandoning members of the group.
1) Upon arrival in Rome at 7:30 in the morning on a very hot July morning, despite promising breakfast, no food or water were provided. When asked for water the tour director said he would provide it later, despite the fact that he himself was carrying a bottle of water. When I told him that one of the members of the group was showing signs of dehydration and was looking ill, he gave me his half empty bottle and told me to give it to her. His lack of concern was shocking.2) A member of the group had prior conversations with Rabinowich about special dietary needs as she had celiac disease and other food issues. He repeatedly assured her that her needs would be taken care of. On arrival however, there was no accommodation made for her and he told her that food was her own responsibility, and that she should go home if she was not satisfied. There were several meals when this traveler had nothing to eat.
3) While there were many other incidents that demonstrated his complete disregard for members of the group, on incident stands out. When in Siena, he told the group to meet him at a designated location from which we would depart for the bus and leave for Florence. Members of the group were waiting as instructed but he never arrived. Instead he was at a different location and, without trying to inform everyone that he was leaving, started walking to the bus, leaving members of the group in the bathroom.
Jewish Heritage Tours - February 14, 2013
Rabbi arrested in ‘To Catch a Predator’-style bust
Rabbi Nathan David Rabinowich and a criminal defense attorney hurriedly walked out of the Queens County courthouse Thursday. Police say the 59-year-old Brooklyn based rabbi thought he was sending sexually explicit instant messages to a 14-year old girl in December and then again over the last two weeks.
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.