Friday, March 06, 2009

I have a dream . . . Lincoln Memorial (March 4, 2009)

© (2009) Photographs by Vicki Polin

I was in hopes of finding others who might share a dream with me.

Last month marked my twenty-fifth anniversary of advocating for survivors of child sexual abuse. For years I envisioned being a part of national rally at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC for Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. A rally that brought national attention to the fact that as children we had no civil rights and as adults our needs are often ignored as adults.

One person alone has no voice, yet together we make up one forth of the population of the United States (one out of every 4 child have been molested by the time they reach the age of 18).

Can you imagine the power we would have if all adult survivors of child sexual abuse of all faiths and backgrounds united and formed a "Survivors Union". A group of survivors doing what it takes to make our country safer for children.


If you are interested in helping to make this dream a reality please contact me immediately.

Sincerely,
Vicki Polin
VickiPolin@aol.com

No comments: