Fun Internet Links
Jewish Birthday Calculator - Now for something completely different. Once you find out what your Jewish Birthday is, you can learn about what happened on your birthday in Jewish History.
- Music For Your Soul (Neshema)
Things to Do
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Birthright Israel (Free Trips to Israel for Jews between the age 18 to 25)
- Adam Sandler and the Chanukah Song
- Disney Careers -- Welcome! Looking for a new job? ;-)
- Eileen's Favorite Camp Crafts and Other Fun Things! All sorts of Jewish arts and crafts ideas for kids, and or the "Child Within".
- Have a Happy Day Dancing Penguins
- Jewish Jokes and Facts A list of "Jewish jokes" and fun facts
- JewHoo is more than lists of famous people. It is increasingly a site with features. The features are found on the feature pages in the center of the site. There are profiles of famous Jewish people, articles on Jewish issues, excerpts from books, and some fun interactive features. Since the beginning, Jewhoo has tried to balance being serious and lighthearted.
- Ministry of Silly Walks Do you remember this from Monty Phython?
- Phone Spell What does your phone number spell? Try this site out and see.
- Silly Putty University Learn everything you can about Silly Putty
- Rejection Line Someone won't leave you alone? - Give them "your" number: 212-479-7990
- Trapeze School Get an education in something completely different.
- World Rock Paper Scissors Society Founders of the International Rock Paper Scissors Championships
By Ayelet HaShachar, (Lisa Aronson Friedman, Shalomis Koffler, and
Stephanie Rabinowitz). The trio's original songs blend unique vocal arrangements
and beautiful harmonies to create "sounds of deepest feeling" that inspire
and uplift. Their music is a sensitive expression of eternal Jewish themes,
resonating with meaning for our times.
Day of Rest By Rahel Jaskow
- There are hundreds of songs devoted to the Sabbath, or more specifically
the times of day within it - songs for the evening, the morning, and the
following afternoon as the sun sets and we prepare to return to the
weekday world. It is always wonderful to sing with people, to learn new songs
and to return to the more familiar ones, or"old friends" as I call them.
That's how I learned all the songs on this recording, and I thank everyone
who taught them to me. Here is a small sampling of some "old friends".
- Peter Himmelman Peter has several CD's out there. But on his CD called "From Strength to Strength" There are two MUST hear songs. They are: "This too shall Pass" and "Impermenent Things"
Meditations of the Heart, Vol. 1: Hassidic Aspirations For by Alon Michael and Israel Edelson. Also
2-Meditations of the Heart. From the Breslev Tradition. Hasidic
Aspirations For Voice and Piano. Meditations of the Heart, P.O Box 32285,
Jerusalem, 91322, Israel. E-mail:
Meditations of the Heart
- Simply Tsfat Three Breslev Chassidim, 2 Americans and one Israeli, 2 guitars and one violin. Their aim is to spread the joy and inspiration of Breslev Chassidim. they are based out of Tsfat, Israel.
Just the Facts
- Chandler Ostrich Festival Yearly festival. For more information call: (480) 963-4571
- Illinois Arts Council News Releases Go to an art opening or see what's happening in the Art world.
- Illinois State Parks, Lodges and Natural Areas Resource to all of the State Parks in Illinois
- Looney Laws - Illinois
Chicago Metropolitan Area
- Cernan Space Center Has various laser light shows to music created by students.
- Chicago Architecture Foundation Walking Tours of your town or one nearby may be interesting and inspiring.
- Chicago Botanic Garden Many Cities in the World have Botanic Gardens, or beautiful peaceful parks. Why not visit one near you.
- Chicago History Before you go on a tour, why not search the web and learn about your town?
- Morton Arboretum 1,700-acre outdoor museum of trees. Footpaths lead through natural areas.
Superman's Hometown - Metropolis, IL Metropolis is the the self-proclaimed "Hometown of Superman," celebrating its local hero every possible way it can. The local bank is "home of super financial services." The town newspaper calls itself The Planet.
- Boyds Bear Country - Gettysburg, PA A special place for place for your child within to visit. A huge farmhouse of Boyds Bears located in a picturesque country setting in Gettysburg,Pennsylvania,
- Intercourse is the hub where the Amish and local folks do their business and host thousands of visitors each year. The beautiful Amish farms surround the Village, which is located on the Old Philadelphia Pike (Route 340). The Village stands as a clear reminder of our traditional American heritage as people live by a simpler way of lif
- Fun Facts Maryland
Hiking Trail - The most popular activities on the trail are hiking, jogging,
bicycle riding and horseback riding. The trail also provides access for
- Assateague Island The island is perhaps most famous for the wild horses that continue to roam the beaches since the late 17th century.
Visionary Art Museum What is visionary art? Like love,
you know it when you see it. But here's the longer definition, straight out
of our Mission Statement: "Visionary art as defined for the purposes of the
American Visionary Art Museum refers to art produced by self-taught individuals,
usually without formal training, whose works arise from an innate personal
vision that revels foremost in the creative act itself." In short, visionary
art begins by listening to the inner voices of the soul, and often may not
even be thought of as 'art' by its creator.
Car Art Creating an art car can be quite an undertaking, so we
gathered up some tips and techniques used by the best art car artists to
give you a head start.
- Make Car Art Creating an art car can be quite an undertaking, so we gathered up some tips and techniques used by the best art car artists to give you a head start.
- Baltimore's Inner Harbor is one of the top destinations in the City of Baltimore. It has been one of the major seaports in the United States since the 1700s, and started blossoming into the cultural center of the City 1970s.
- National Cowboy Poetry Gathering For more information call (775) 738-7508
Roswell UFO Encounter site of the notorious 1947 flying saucer sightings. For more information call: (505) 623-5695
Pennzoil Art Car Weekend Houston - Free For All! WHAT IS AN ART CAR ? "An art car is anything you think is an art car and some things you probably don't"
Lumberjack World Championships "I'm a lumberjack and that's Okay". For more information call: (715) 634-2484
Raw Vision List of Art Exhibits on Visionary Art in Wisconsin
Just for Laughs Montreal's world-renowned comedy festival. For more information call (888) 244-3155
Jeff Seidel's Jewish Student Information Center Offers information on just about anything you can think of in Israel.
The Western Wall A beautiful and inspiring 90 second movie.
If you need further assistance please contact their Information Center by calling 1-888-99-ISRAEL or email: firstname.lastname@example.org