Convicted sex offender involved in the Rabbi Elior Chen cult. Avraham Maskalchi was sentenced to 17 years in prison.
Disclaimer: Inclusion in this website does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement. Individuals must decide for themselves if the resources meet their own personal needs.Table of Contents:
- Suspect in Jerusalem child abuse arrested (04/09/2008)
- Rabbi, wanted in child abuses, hiding in Canada (04/28/2008)
- "Abusive Rabbi" Trial to Open February (12/01/2009)
- Four disciples of cult leader Chen convicted of child abuse (05/03/2010)
- 4 Elior Chen followers guilty of abuse (05/12/2010)
- Elior Chen disciples charged with up to 20 years in prison (11/23/2010)
- Follower of Israeli 'rabbi' accused of child abus sentenced for complicity (11/23/2010)
- Rabbi Elior Chen (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Case of Joseph Fisher (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Case of Shimon Gabai (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Case of Avraham Mascalchi (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Case of Rabbi Yona Metger (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Case of Michal Schwartz Shenbaum (AKA: Unnamed Abusive Mother From Jerusalem)
- Case of Ro'i Tzoref (Jerusalem, Israel)
Suspect in Jerusalem child abuse arrested
By Etgar Lefkovitz
Jerusalem Post - April 9, 2008
By Aviad Glickman
YNet News - December 1, 2009
By Nir Hasson
Haaretz - November 23, 2010
|Elior Chen, second from right, with three of his followers (from left): Shimon Gabai, David Kugman and Avraham Mascalchi.|
FAIR USE NOTICE
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." –– Margaret Mead