|Pictures: left from the California Sex Offender's Registry. Right Facebook profile (2008)|
According to Whitepages.com Michael Ozair may be back in the United States living in Los Angeles on South Wooster Street. If this is true he is non-compliant with the sex offenders registry.
Disclaimer: Inclusion in this website does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement. Individuals must decide for themselves if the resources meet their own personal needs.
- Who is Rabbi Michael Ozair
- Domain Name: KABBALAHCOACH.COM
- Meet Rabbi & Spiritual Coach - Michael Ezra
- Six kabbalists reveal the substance behind the craze (09/28/2000)
- Charismatic Rabbi Faces Charges (08/23/2002)
- Rabbi Charged With Molesting Girl, 14 (08/16/2002)
- Rabbi Charged With Molesting A Student (08/12/2002)
- The Same Man? (05/03/2004)
- The Kabbalah Coach has updated his site, too (05/04/2004)
- Kabbalah coach a sex offender (05/06/2004)
- Sex Offender Becomes 'Kabbalah Coach' (05/07/2004)
- Rabbi Michael Ozair Interview (05/12/2004)
- California Sex Offender Registry (02/22/2005)
- Why We Choose Our Parents (04/13/2005)
- Kabbalah Coach: Love the One You're With (01/23/2007)
- California Megan's Law Registry (06/25/2008)
- Sex-Offenders' Haven? Convicted Sex Offender Rabbi Michael Ozair Residing in Thailand, A Mecca of Pedophiles (07/15/2008)
- Rabbi Micheal Ozair is back on Facebook (07/18/2012)
- Here we go again: Sex offender Rabbi Michael Ozair back on Facebook (07/19/2012)
Other Cases Connected to Rabbi Michael Ozair
- Case of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach
- Case of Rabbi Marc Gafni
- Case of Rabbi Leib Tropper
- Case of Rabbi Gershon Winkler
|Rabbi Michael Ozair - Convicted Sex Offender|
Feb. 19, 2003
Rabbi Michael Ozair has served as an inspirational rabbi at the Happy Minyan of Los Angeles since its conception. Rabbi Ozair was mentored by the late Hasidic master, Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach and continues his teacher's path of tolerance and spiritual outreach. He is the founder of the Hidden Splendor and is a Jewish educator whose passion for the deep wisdom of Judaism and Kabbalah coupled with his compassion and sensitivity for all humanity has inspired many on the spiritual path. Currently, Rabbi Ozair's focus is with OLAM (One Light for All Mankind) and leads theweekly Mystical Wednesdays gatherings among many other innovative projects.
|Convicted Sex Offender - Michael E. Ozair|
- Rabbinical ordination by R' Yehoshua Reich, a member of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel.
- A fourteen year mentored relationship with R' Shlomo Carlebach, one the 20th Century's most influential Hasidic masters.
- Masters in Education from University of Judaism. Bachelors in Religious Studies. Years spent learning in various yeshivas in Israel and New York.
|L-R: Michael Ezra's homepage photo, Awareness Center's Ozair photo|
Sex Offender Becomes 'Kabbalah Coach'
|Rabbi Michael Ozair|
|Rabbinic ordination papers|
Rabbi Michael Ozair Interview
By Luke Ford
May 12, 2004
Because I have heard that my name is being used dishonestly and in a way that is causing a desecration of the name of G-d in public.
I hereby notify interested parties:
I did not certify Michael Ozer [sic] to function as a rabbi.
The use of my name to describe him as a person who received certification as a community rabbi by me is false and a lie and must cease immediately.
JWB writes: "Luke said months ago on Protocols that he had seen this “smicha” in Ozair’s home. So basically, I am taking Luke at his word that the first document is the “smicha” document Ozair is claiming to have received."
No. I have never seen the original smicha document. All I have seen is this copy of the alleged smicha from rabbi Yehoshua Reich.
So glad to have finally joined the chevre on the Net. Let's spend less time as baalei machloket and more time in connecting to what we have in common, that is, celebrating the legacy of who our great rebbe was, is and ever shall be.
As a fairly new resident in Monsey, NY (and one of the founders of the Happy Minyan in Los Angeles), I want to share two interesting incidents that happened this morning. First, my Rosh Yeshivah, Reb Leib Tropper called all the yeshivah students in for some pretty heavy duty mussar after having heard that somebody had made a derogatory remark about Reb Shlomo Carlebach. The Rosh Yeshivah was FURIOUS and gave a very firm warning to the entire yeshivah, threatening expulsion. He stated clearly that there was a cherem against those who make any kind of derogatory remarks about one who has passed away. Although, not all the rabbis of this yeshivah think very highly of Shlomo, the Rosh Yeshivahs eyes instantly fill with tears at the mention of Shlomo's name. I should also note that every Friday night, the entire davening is Shlomo's nusach and is one of the most simchadik minyanim for Monsey standards. Also, I went to Tuvia's bookstore, the largest Jewish bookstore up here, to purchase a few seforim, when lo' and behold, right up there, hanging on the wall, along side all the big rebbes and Torah giants, was not one, but three pictures of our Rebbe Shlomo Carlebach, zt"l. I should also note, Shlomo was the only one smiling.
Anyways, here is Part I of an article Neilah [Shlomo's widow] had written on Reb Shlomo's life and legacy for The Happy Minyan's newsletter, Kol Sasson. More articles, torahs and goodies will be on the way!
Subject: Michael OzairMichael Ozair has agreed to share responsibility with me for the ongoing administration of the Reb-Shlomo list. Our list administrator liases with Shamash, screens new subscription requests, and, when called on, tries to nudge our list conversation into a somewhat orderly and topical direction. One of the founding members of the Happy Minyan of L.A., Michael served as its spiritual director for two years. Currently a rabbinic student at Yeshivat Kol Yaakov and teacher in Rockland County, New York, Michael is also Yankele Shames' (from the Moshav) son-in-law. Those who know Michael will recognize the unusual talents and experiences that he will bring to this job.
Dear chevreh 1) I have received many emails and phone calls over the past several months, begging me to do whatever i can to stop any discussion of the "lilith" topic our list, even shutting down the list completely. until today, i simply answered that i hoped we could provide space for all the broken neshamas to share what is on their hearts... surely by now anything needed to be said on the topic has been said already.
Rabbeinu taught us to be open with our passion. At the same time, once the immediacy of the passion has cooled, not to hold on to the stuff, not even for a second... this topic has completely run its course. even its participants have said they want to create a separate group to carry on the discussion... so be it! if you are pro-lilith, con-lilith pro-shlomo anti-shlomo, whatever, the time has finally come to take it elsewhere. please don't come back here with it next month, or next year either. thank you.
2) michael ozair is now completing his smicha requirements and moving to the west coast to assume a new position. michael told me he no longer has the time to participate in the list. we approached several people we considered suitable replacements, but nobody is available. i myself do not have the time, or the interest, to monitor the quality of the discussion all by myself. neither do i feel it is fair for myself or any other individual to take on such responsibility. it's simply not fair to the individual, not fair to the list... what is fair is for everyone who choses to subscribe to our list to equally assume this responsibility.
California Sex Offender Registry
1. Regardless of what I do for a living and what my obligations are, what is the theme that most obviously is pushing my soul forward in life, day after day?2. What is the one theme that best describes the force pulling my soul off track day after day?3. What role have my parents played, directly or indirectly, in developing these themes?Why bother looking at these themes at all? Because through them we can discover the real reason we chose to come here this time around, and as an added bonus, we may discover why we chose our parents to raise us. Ultimately, the biblical commandment does not obligate us to love our parents, but to honor them. Honor in Hebrew is kibbud, which literally means "to make heavy". To honor our parents means to acknowledge them as people of tremendous worth in our pilgrimage of life. It demands effort and often requires a tolerance for emotional pain, yet it is the most dignified endeavor of an entire lifetime.Rabbi Michael Ozair has been providing spiritual guidance for the last 15 years to a very wide and diverse range of people. He is an ordained rabbi, a well sought after scholar in the area of Kabbalah, published author, life coach and spiritual counselor. Michael's expertise stems from merging his knowledge as a teacher of metaphysics with his experience in practical counseling. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting his site at http://www.KabbalahCoach.com
- When you're fighting against where you are, you're automatically stuck.
- When you love where you are, you stop spending all your energy trying to escape. You can get rid of what's bugging you. You find clues about what direction to take.
- The paradox: once you love where you are, you'll start to move. Guaranteed.
- What will your life look like when you love where you are?
- You feel an incredible sense of relief — there's nowhere you have to "get to".
- There'll be less junk: junk things, junk behavior.
- You develop more appreciation for the people in your life.
- You begin to notice opportunities embedded in your situation. You cultivates a deeper sense of self-knowing, awareness and sensitivity.
- Begin to release resistance and fear.
- You allow the creative feminine flow of energy.
Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos
Sex-Offenders' Haven? Convicted Sex Offender Rabbi Michael Ozair Residing in Thailand, A Mecca of Pedophiles.
|Sex offender Registry Photo / Facebook Photo|
|Convicted Sex Offender, Rabbi Michael Ezra Ozair in Thailand|
The Examiner - July 19, 2012
By: Vicki Polinhttp://www.examiner.com/article/here-we-go-again-sex-offender-rabbi-michael-ozair-back-on-facebook
View slideshow: Convicted sex offender Michael Ozair on Facebook
Ozair on FB: https://www.facebook.com/michael.ozair.1
The Case of Rabbi Michael Ozair:
Rabbi Michael Ezra Ozair, who was once known as "the Kabbalah Coach to the stars" is a convicted sex offender -- who relocated to Thailand, a country known to be a mecca for sexual predators. Back in 2002 Ozair plead no contest to one count of oral copulation with a person under the age of 16. The girl was only 14-years-old at the time. He was sentenced to 5 years felony probation, spent 1 year in a county jail, was mandated to sex offender treatment and was required to register as a sex offender. Yet, Michael is a brilliant man, he like many others realized if they no longer reside within the United States, the sex offender registry becomes a moot point -- and their names are removed.
|July 18, 2012 -- Michael Ozair's on Facebook|
Recently, I was notified that Rabbi Ozair recreated another Facebook account which has been up for some time. Once again, because Ozair’s name does not appear on any sex offender’s registry it is difficult to have his account removed.
Facebook is trying to make their services safer for kids. Earlier this week it has been made public that social networks, such as Facebook use high tech software to scan for sexual predators. It’s great that this type of software has been created, yet the fact is that this type of software only works if the suspected offender actually uses the social media sites to actually meet up with unsuspecting children. In reality, offenders usually find their prey on the sites and get them using private e-mail or other more encrypted sites for grooming.
Back in 2008, Michael Ozair was new to using "Social Media" sites. At that time he did not know to make his Facebook page private. His site was public and it was easy to see that he majority of his friends were girls who appeared to be ages 12 - 15. Because Ozair has become more sophisticated over the years, he has to used the privacy preferences -- so that no one can see who he’s connected to or what he's doing.
According to Facebook policy, convicted sex offenders are prohibited from using Facebook. Once they are able to verify a user’s status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their account and remove their account and all information associated with it.
Facebook accepts the following forms of documentation to verify someone's status as a convicted sex offender:
Link to a listing in a national sex offender registry
Link to an online news article
Link to a court document
Documentation verifying the report attached to the sex offender report form
If you are unable to provide documentation, Facebook recommend that you ask a local law enforcement representative to contact us so we can take action on your report.
If you have encountered an account that may belong to a convicted sex offender, please report it and Facebook will review the information. You may also want to report this information to your local police department and to the national sex offenders registry.
FAIR USE NOTICE