- Background Information
- School rabbi charged with sexual acts with student (10/17/2007)
- Former School Rabbi Accused Of Sex Acts With Student (10/17/2007)
- School rabbi faces child sex charges (10/17/2007)
- Rabbi is indicted on sex charges (12/15/2007)
- Former rabbi sentenced to probation in student sex case (08/17/2009)
- Aviance Marquita McCollum, 28, of 1907 Oak St., on a charge of felony death by motor vehicle and five counts of felony serious injury by motor vehicle. She is accused of killing Latoya Marquita Simmons and injuring five others Sept. 2 while driving while impaired on Interstate 40/85, records show.
- McCollum, who was carrying six children in her car, had slammed into the median. Simmons, 23, and another woman had stopped their van to help after seeing children trying to get out of the car, reports show. The van was still in the left lane of the interstate when it was struck by another vehicle. The impact knocked Simmons into the path of traffic.
- Clarence Nelson Stone, 50, of 3753 Safenight Road, Climax, on a charge of first-degree murder. Stone is accused of killing Denise Ball Collins, 46, on Sept. 12.
- Collins' body was found along East Sheraton Road near the Woodlake mobile home park near Pleasant Garden.
- Pedro Louise Sanchez, 16, of 824 Reid St., on a charge of first-degree murder. He was indicted in connection with the Sept. 24 death of Karl Lamont Mark. Sanchez's alleged role has not been explained in court or police documents.
- Donny Troy Mosley, 22, of 2300 Apache St., Apt. A, on a charge of first-degree murder. Mosley's charge also stems from Mark's death. He is accused of shooting and killing the 28-year-old man.
News and Record - August 17, 2009
By Jennifer Fernandez