Join Cardozo Prof. Marci Hamilton, legal advisor to victims of sexual abuse in several noteworthy cases around the country; State Representative Margaret Markey of State Senator Karen Peterson of ; and Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
• Assemblywoman Markey has introduced legislation in that has passed in the Assembly, but has stalled repeatedly in the Senate.
• Senator Peterson spearheaded newly adopted legislation in .
• Both legislators will discuss their efforts and the importance of the legislation.
• survivors will speak about the need for similar legislation in .
• Survivor Matt Conaty of will tell why he worked hard to get legislation passed in his state.
• Vicki Polin, Founder of The Awareness Center will address why legislation is needed for the millions of Americans who are victims of incest.
• Professor Hamilton will talk about the growing national grassroots movement for legislation and her recent book that details the need for such legislation and identifies its rather surprising opponents.
For additional information or to attend, you must
rsvp to or call .