Rosen allegedly used his position as a police officer to sexually assault the victims between 1999 and 2001, including the 16-year-old who said she was raped in the back of Rosen's patrol car before he booked her on an unspecified warrant.
- Sacramento cop charged with on-duty rape, assaults (05/08/2002)
- Police officer formally charged with sexual assault (05/10/2002)
- Never trust a man in uniform (05/16/2002)
- Teenager who says she was raped by Sacramento cop sues (08/10/2002)
- Ex-cop guilty of sex assaults (07/14/2004)
- Sentencing Delayed for Former Police Officer (08/10/2004)
- Ex-cop seeking new trial (10/22/2004)
- 9-year assault term for ex-cop (10/23/2004)
- Sacramento police officer gets prison for sex assaults (10/23/2004)
- Former cop sentenced for assaults (10/24/2004)
- Ask Sacto 9-1-1: Ex-cop who sexually assaulted women is out of prison (11/17/2010)
- California Sex Offender Registry (03/17/2013)
Never trust a man in uniform
|Daily Journal - August 10, 2002|
Rosen, 27, has been on administrative leave since September, after an investigation by the department revealed accusations the officer had raped the girl and sexually assaulted five other women while on the graveyard shift. The charges stem from October 2000 until the five-year veteran went on leave.
Rosen has been ordered to stand trial for the charges of rape, five counts of sexual battery, eight counts of assault under color of authority and three counts of false imprisonment. If convicted, he could face a life sentence. He has pleaded innocent to the charges.
The girl is seeking compensation for medical expenses, emotional distress and other alleged damages.
Rosen, who is out on bail, couldn't be reached for comment. City and police representatives also couldn't be reached.
Rosen was investigated by the department after its internal affairs division was told by someone who knew the girl that she had been raped.
The girl accuses Rosen of raping her while she was handcuffed in the back of his patrol car. She said he had picked her up on a warrant and was taking her to juvenile hall.
In the claim, she said Rosen warned her against reporting the rape and made veiled threats against her family.
ABC-News 10 - August 10, 2004
Former cop sentenced for assaults
Associated Press - October 24, 2004