Holidays are often difficult for adult survivors who were abused within their own homes, anything from birthday's to Jewish holidays can set off symptoms of PTSD and or depression. The following articles may be helpful to read.
Table of Contents:
- A Jewish Survivors Reflects on the Meaning of Forgiveness
- A Yizkor Prayer for those who were abused as children
- Child Abuse and the High Holidays
- Forgiving, Forgetting: Jews use the High Holidays
- Forgiveness and the Jewish High Holidays
- Forgiveness and the High Holidays
- Getting kicked out of shul
- Lisa's Story: How do we help sexual abuse victims survive?
- Regarding the month of Elul on the Jewish calender
- Surviving The High Holidays
- Tamar's Story
- Tashlich and Healing from Child Abuse
- What's Your Synagogues High Holiday Polices For Sex Offenders
- Emotionally, Can I do Pesach This Year?
- Seder for Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Surviving Passover: Jewish Survivors of Incest and other forms of child abuse