- At least one woman reportedly filed a report around 1975, but Palo Alto police discouraged her from pursuing the complaint "because Levin was a respected physician."
- Levin was arrested on suspicion of felony child molestation, including charges that he inserted his finger in boys' rectums. His attorneys negotiated a plea bargain that reduced the charges to a single misdemeanor. He served a work-furlough sentence, and the medical board took no action.
- Levin was charged with eight felony and misdemeanor charges, including possession of obscene material depicting children under 14, providing drugs to an addict, prescribing drugs before an examination, obtaining narcotics by fraud and falsifying drug prescriptions.
- Doctor arrested on porn charges (09/10/1996)
- Police Comb Internet For Suspect's Porn Source (09/10/1996)
- Physician arrested on drug charges (09/11/1996)
- Doctor Abuse Case Continues to Grow Cops Says 20 More Cite Sex Misconduct (10/08/1996)
- Doctor Enters Plea Deal Dismisses 7 Other Charges (06/02/1997)
- Palo Alto doctor sentenced (10/24/1997)