In 1998 there were an estimated 3.2 million arrests of women, accounting for 22% of all arrests that year.
Based on self-reports of victims of violence, women account for 14% of violent offenders, an annual average of about 2.1 million violent female offenders.
Women accounted for about 16% of all felons convicted in State courts in 1996: 8% of convicted violent felons, 23% of property felons, and 17% of drug felons.
In 1998 more than 950,000 women were under correctional supervision, about 1% of the U.S. female population.
Disclaimer: Inclusion in this website does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement. Individuals must decide for themselves whether the resources meet their own personal needs.
Table of Contents
Bibliography: Female Sex Offenders
- Female Sex Offenders in the Correctional Service in Canada: Case Studies (1987)
- On Female Offenders of Child Sexual Abuse Bibliography on Female Sex Offenders
- Female Sex Offenders: What Therapists, Law Enforcement and Child Protective Services Need to Know Female sex offenders have victimized an estimated two to three million people in the United States.
- Case Studies of Female Sex Offenders in the Correctional Service of Canada
- Female Sex Offenders: Women Who Rape Resources and various cases of Female Sex Offenders
- Not only men are molesters - Los Angeles Times (08/16/2002)
- Female pedophilia is rare, difficult to understand - Chicago Tribune (01/13/2004)
- Child sexual abusers sometimes female - Lebanon Daily News (06/14/2005)
- Female Sex Offenders on Campus - WorldNet Daily (07/31/2007)
Sampling of Alleged and Convicted Female Sex Offenders in Jewish Communities
- Case of Errine Renata Acciaroli (AKA: Shlomit Acciaroli) - Hamilton, Canada
- Case of Ellen Garfield - Boston, MA
- Case of Alision Ginsberg - Buffalo Grove, IL
- Case of Rabbanit Bruria Keren - (AKA: Rebbetzin Keren, Case of the Burka Wearing Mother) - Beit Shemish, Tsfat, Bnei Brak, Elad, Israel
- Case of Joyce Abram - North Bellwood, NY
- Case of Malka Leifer, Principal of Adass Israel Girls School - Elsternwick, Australia
- Case of Rochelle Marcus - Rogers Park JCC Day-Care Center, Chicago, IL
- Case of Marla Marks - Dorsett, Great Britain
- Case of Marni Nasia Rubin - Toledo, OH
- Case of Margie Shabat - Chicago, IL
- Case of Dana R. Schwartzenfeld - Buffalo Grove, IL and West Bloomfield, MI
Some of the information on The Awareness Center, Inc.'s web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.